yamaha 115 hp outboard
2019 Yamaha 115 HP VF115LA V MAX SHO Outboard Motor
- Engine Type: Yamaha VF115LA V MAX SHO Four Stroke
- Horsepower: 115 hp
- Cylinders: 4 cyl
- Shaft Length: 20″
- Steering: Remote Mech
- Starter: Electric
- Weight: 377 lbs
- Full Throttle Range: 5300 – 6300 rpm
- Displacement: 1832cc
- Induction System: EFI
- Warranty: 3 years
KEY FEATURES OF yamaha 115 hp outboard
- Lightweight: The four-stroke V MAX SHO 115 weighs 377 pounds, and it has the added benefit of not needing two-stroke oil or an oil tank (or the added weight). A competitor’s two-stroke weighs 390 pounds. The V MAX SHO 115 is the lightest four-stroke DOHC 115-horsepower outboard on the water. It uses a lightweight composite lower pan and cowling, a single-ram power trim and tilt mechanism and a lightweight mounting bracket.
- Smooth & quiet: Remember, this is a four stroke, so it’s quiet by nature. On top of that, Yamaha has harmonized all the inertial mass components and added large rubber engine mounts. The result is smoothness and quiet that will impress.
- Yamaha reliability: The V MAX SHO 115 powerhead design is based on proven Yamaha four-stroke technology. It also uses Yamaha’s Phaze Five? paint system, which includes the electro-deposition of anti-corrosive paint on both the inside and outside passages of the engine block. Inside the engine, dimpled cylinder sleeves, like those used on the Yamaha F350, reduce weight and add strength. They also aid in heat transfer and help to keep the engine reliably cooler.
Convenience & Control Of yamaha 115 hp outboard
- EASY RIGGING: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- EXTRA SPACE: A four stroke in-line design means there’s no need for an external oil tank. That means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and gear.
- AMPLE CHARGING POWER: At 50 amps, the V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 alternators boast an 11 percent increase in charging power over the two stroke 150 HPDI®.
Power & Performance
- QUIET POWER AND PERFORMANCE: The I-4 V MAX SHO® design maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quiet power and performance.
- MIDRANGE POWER AND RESPONSE: The V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 feature Variable Camshaft Timing, which optimizes the angle of the intake camshaft to increase power and throttle response in the low- and mid-RPM ranges.
- FUEL EFFICIENT: In-line Four V MAX SHO® designs are up to 40% more fuel efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
- OPTIMUM POWER: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Four V MAX SHO® outboards.
- POWER MANAGEMENT: An array of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
Reliability & Durability
- ENGINE WARNING SYSTEM: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- BETTER LUBRICATION: Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
- CORROSION PROTECTION: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha I-4 V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- UNBEATABLE RELIABILITY: The I-4 V MAX SHO® 175 and 150 feature a Cowling Drain System and Air Intake Labyrinth System to trap and drain water that enters their cowlings during normal operation.